Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How Long Does A Uti Take To Develop



San Fernando, October 31, 1943

few years ago, and scribí about how I started collecting objects and research the history of the Boy Scouts of Chile , and the reason why is so important to me this photograph.
remember it was Christmas 1994 when I told my family that was a few days to go my first Scout camp. do when I was at it, my grandmother Maria Victoria, interrupted me with a phrase that I could not forget: "Ahh, well!. I went to the Jamboree as Guirles Temuco Guide and my dad was Commander of the Boy Scouts of Palmilla . I must admit that I doubt if you believe enough. No distrust of his word, but for a child of 13 years is very difficult to imagine her running with her grandmother or lofty patrol on a train bound for a camp.
that conversation I think I left an indelible mark. On one side had a great ally to obtain permission from my parents for how much activity we organized scout. On the other hand, began to gather and then collect a number of objects from the ancient scouts Chileans. Perhaps secretly hoping to find a picture of my great-grandfather and his brigade.
Over the years I've been putting together, like a little puzzle, this part of my family history and share with you today.
Don Pedro Veliz Navarro was born in Curico, 1901. In that city study in the Normal School and Professor Normalista title. After some previous destinations, is appointed Director of the School of Palmilla, Colchagua province. In those years, they lived inside a thriving Chilean teachers' interest in engaging students in Scouting (name to be used at the time). The Boy Scouts Association of Chile (ABSCH) had been recognized as a national institution through Decree Law 520, leading the hand to the Ministry of Education to encourage and promote the formation of brigades along the national public school system .

so was Peter, my ancestor, formed in 1942 Brigade Boy Scouts of Palmilla, being recognized by ABSCH as their commander. (See image left). Since that time, the Brigade became part of the Provincial Board of Colchagua, based in the city of San Fernando, with Guides Guirles Brigades "President Balmaceda School No. 2 Girls the city (to which my grandmother belonged Maria Victoria), and the Brigades of Boy Scouts "Nicolas Palacios" (Santa Cruz), "Armando Jaramillo" (from Nancagua) and "Manuel Rodriguez" (from Chépica).
Some time ago I get my hands on a copy of the Bulletin Scoutivo (official organ of the ABSCH)
No. 84 July 1944 where Don Pedro Sanchez de la Vega, Chairman Provincial de Colchagua, through the Annual Report of Management notes that "It is worthy to mention the brilliant work scoutiva the Commander of the Brigade Palmilla, Palmilla, Don Pedro Veliz Navarro, Director of the School of that town and that was one of the most active of the province. "As the famous
Jamboree attended by my grandmother, was held in Temuco, between days 29 to 31 October 1943. This meeting two thousand scouts, girl guides, rovers and cubs from across the country . He started the night of 29 with a grand parade to the highest authorities and civilian scouts, led by HE President Juan Antonio Rios and President Don Nazianzus ABSCH Romero. During those three days the guides and scouts visited Maquehuea AFB participated in a "Scout Circus" and had an evening. After the meeting, returned by train to their different cities.
is in the Railway Station San Fernando where the photograph was taken that leads to this paper. For delegations Brigades Palmilla San Fernando and attended the Jamboree, and is where the center is smiling at Don Pedro.

When I come back to that lunch at my grandmother revealed a small piece of their childhood, even I can not imagine a girl. It must be that for children born large large. That's where history has value, as when diving into it, we become accomplices of other stories, and other children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment